It’s that time of the year again! I didn’t feel much like doing a best of beauty products last year, but this year I have enough product loves to make a list:
- best lipstick: 2016 was my purple pink year. I bought probably too many similar shades, but my absolute fav this year was MAC‘s Ariana Grande 2.
- best new perfume release: There are so many releases each year I usually only discover them later on. But of the new ones I smelled this year, Chanel N°5 L’Eau was the best. Even if I can’t smell the drydown, it so good while it lasts.
- best bottle: Moschino Eau Fresh. The smell is boring but the bottle is hilarious.
- best mascara: essence forbidden volume top coat. The plain mascara of this line is good, too, but the top coat rocks everything.
- best cheek product: I’m still on the fence with the blush part of the Zoeva rose golden palette, but everytime I put it in storage I missed the highlighter so much I had to get it out again.
- best foundation: Chanel Les Beiges (although essence camouflage is a strong contender here)
I don’t have a best nail polish because I loved pretty much everything I put on this year. Go to the tag and take your own pick. 🙂
Products most used that I didn’t purchase in 2016:
- lipstick: Chanel Rouge Allure Precieuse
- base: Urban Decay primers. Still a life saver.
- perfume: Chanel N°5, probably.
- eyeliner: Chanel Santal. Sadly, my Chanel liners are slowly falling apart, they’re not as sturdy as I want them to be.
- eyeshadow: Dior quads, surprisingly. They have the most interesting color combinations in my stash.
- nail polish: Essie nourish me basecoat goes under everything I put on.
Some picture impressions:
So, it seems a little Chanel heavy. Funny, but I guess I only buy Chanel items when I really love them also they are decorative and so most often out of storage* compared to other brands…
*storage being a desk drawer.
So, that concludes 2016 for me, next post will be in the new year. 😀
What were your favorites this year?